Date:      Mon, 19 Nov 2001 21:40:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom Kersten <tomkersten98@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   / is full!!!! Please help...

Hello all,

My root directory is getting close to being full
(97+%). It is 45 mb....is this too small??? I
symlinked the /var directory to /usr/var after
installation and thought that 45 mb would be
enough...it says that 30 is sufficient in "The
Complete FreeBSD"..so I put in a little more just in
case. Anyway, what is the best way to fix this? I read
a little bit about the 'growfs' command...but am not
sure of the *best* way to fix my problem. Any tips are
appreciated. If you need more detailed information,
please let me know...

Thanks in advance,

Thomas Kersten