Date:      Thu, 3 Jun 2010 20:51:20 +0800
From:      samuelwang <samuelwang22@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   cannot ping private IP within the same subnet of AP

Dear all:

I have setup an AP by using freeBSD 8 on eeebox b202.
The eeebox has two network interface. One is ethernet and the other is
wireless.

I setup AP, DHCP, NAT on it. I can already connect to this AP and connect to
the internet normally.
But, I can't ping the other client which is connected to this AP.

ping error message is destination unreachable.

I check the firewall, dhcp settings, and gateway. Everything is just find.
Then I use netstat -nr to check the routing table:

Internet:
Destination        Gateway                  Flags    Refs   Use  Netif
Expire
default                  140.112.42.254     UGS       8      35878    re0
127.0.0.1                 link#3                   UH         0          0
      lo0
140.112.42.0/24     link#1                   U            2      184
 re0
140.112.42.165      link#1                   UHS       0        0
 lo0
192.168.0.0/24       link#4                   U             0     2615
 wlan0
192.168.0.254        link#4                   UHS        0        0
 lo0

I found that there is no C Flags in 192.168.0.0/24   link#4.
In official handbook, C: Clone: Generates a new route based upon this route
for machines we connect to. This type of route is normally used for local
networks.

I don't know the
How could i enable this C Flags by anything settings?

thanks.

--
Po-Jung Wang

Graduate Institute of Communication Engineering, National Taiwan University

Blog:  http://language99.blogspot.com