Date:      Fri, 10 Mar 2000 02:36:32 -0800
From:      "Robert A. Bruce" <rab@pike.cdrom.com>
To:        Michael Chin-yuan Wu <mwu@ece.utexas.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, rab@pike.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Organizing a Texas FreeBSD User Group

Michael Chin-yuan Wu <mwu@ece.utexas.edu> said...

I believe that Houton already has a FUG.  See http://www.houfug.org/

>A: Providing or helping to search for meeting place

Bookstores are often good places for meetings.  Borders and
B&N will often let you use their cafe areas for meetings if
you schedule them in advance.

>C: Coming to the meetings :)

Sorry, Texas is too far from Concord, CA.

>D: Sponsor some food/drinks (We could just have everyone bring some
>food/drinks + their computers)

Sure.  My company, BSDI (formerly known as Walnut Creek CDROM),
will be happy to sponsor food/drinks at your first meeting.
We can also provide you with some brochures, install discs,
and other advocacy materials.  Let me know what you need.

	-bob