Date:      Wed, 17 Dec 1997 12:51:52 +0100
From:      "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   any setting of LANG causes xterm warns at startup

I'm running FreeBSD 2.2.5-RELASE.

If I set the LANG environment variable to anything, when I start
an xterm it displays the following warning message:

    Warning: locale not supported by C library, locale unchanged

This warning appears in the tty from the xterm has been started.
I don't know what causes that warning. Amazingly, only xterm
displays that message (AFAIK).

Does anybody know where could the problem be?

-- JM
Jose M. Alcaide                         | mailto:jose@we.lc.ehu.es
Universidad del Pais Vasco              | http://www.we.lc.ehu.es/~jose
Dpto. de Electricidad y Electronica     |
Facultad de Ciencias - Campus de Lejona | Tel.:  +34-4-4647700 x2624
48940 Lejona (Vizcaya) - SPAIN          | Fax:   +34-4-4858139
               "Go ahead... make my day." - H. Callahan