Date:      Sun, 9 Feb 2014 13:11:05 -0700 (MST)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   re(4) startup and 10-stable

Last night, I upgraded a small firewall from 9-stable to 10-stable.

Now pf can't load the ruleset on startup, reporting:

   Enabling pfNo ALTQ support in kernel
   ALTQ related functions disabled
   no IP address found for re0
   /etc/pf.rules:76: could not parse host specification
   pfctl: Syntax error in config file: pf rules not loaded

The rules can be loaded after it starts, and everything works fine.

pciconf -lv
re0@pci0:3:0:0:	class=0x020000 card=0xe0001458 chip=0x816810ec rev=0x06 hdr=0x00
     vendor     = 'Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.'
     device     = 'RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller'
     class      = network
     subclass   = ethernet

netwait is used in rc.conf, but of course it happens long after pf is
started.

I was aware there had been some up/down bouncing problems on startup
with later revisions of this interface, but hadn't had any problems with
this older version.

Is there a workaround?