Date:      Mon, 1 Apr 2002 13:20:37 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Richard Arends <richard@unixguru.nl>
To:        Scott Corey <scott@bsdprophet.org>
Cc:        <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: make depend failure

Scott,

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, Scott Corey wrote:

> I have three different machine all using 4.5-Stable. Cvsup'd this morning. All give the same error when building the kernel:
>
> make: don't know how to make des_enc.S. Stop
> *** Error code 2
>
> Stop in /usr/src/sys/modules.
> *** Error code 1

Same problem here on my laptop. My FreeBSD workstation has no problems.
There i have /usr/src/sys/crypto/des/arch ... That's missing on my laptop.
I did a make clean in /usr/src and cvsup'd again. Hopefully this will fix
it.

Greetings,

Richard.

----
An OS is like swiss cheese, the bigger it is, the more holes you get!