Date:      Wed, 08 Oct 1997 21:41:37 -0500
From:      dkelly@hiwaay.net
To:        gws@eclipse.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux Compatiblity Help

> I am attempting to get the Linux  Lib port up and running, however
> during the installation process... I get an error from ldconfig... it
> says..
>
> ELF binary type not known
> Abort

You don't have the Linux lkm loaded.

nospam: {110} modstat
Type     Id Off Loadaddr Size Info     Rev Module Name
MISC      0   0 f43fd000 0008 f43fe000   1 blank_saver_mod
nospam: {111} su
Password:
Sorry
nospam: {112} su
Password:
nospam: [64] modload /lkm/linu*
Module loaded as ID 1
nospam: [65] modstat
Type     Id Off Loadaddr Size Info     Rev Module Name
MISC      0   0 f43fd000 0008 f43fe000   1 blank_saver_mod
EXEC      1   4 f4428000 0028 f4431010   1 linux_mod
nospam: [66]

...now Linux binaries will run.

But before you run off, check /etc/sysconfig or /etc/rc.config (or
whatever it is now) to load the Linux lkm at startup.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net