Date:      Wed, 15 May 1996 09:27:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        Wilson MacGyver <macgyver@infinet.com>
Cc:        "Brian N. Handy" <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Jed editor?

On Wed, 15 May 1996, Wilson MacGyver wrote:

> Chuck Robey wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 14 May 1996, Brian N. Handy wrote:
> >
> > > Hey there,
> > >
> > > I noticed JED isn't in the ports collection, and it *almost* compiles
> > > cleanly out of the box.  (I had to make a couple of real slight changes to
> > > the makefile to get it to go.)
> > >
> > > Is there a reason there's not a port of this?  Should I generate a port
> > > for it?
> >
> > Uh, sure.  What's jed?
>
> It's a text editor, supports syntax highlighting, and has X and
> TEXT version.
>
> supports emacs commands. (well, most of them.)

OK, we can all use another editor.  I just saw an announcement for
another new one, 'ted'.  You do jed, I'll do ted.  They both do syntax
highlighting (I like that especially), ted's big draw (I suppose) is it's
tiny code size and complete keystroke reconfigurability, and ctag support.

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |