Date:      Thu, 31 Jul 1997 11:14:20 +0300
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
To:        Brian William Francis Tobin XXIX <jebudas@plato.virgil.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: copying directories with ftp

Brian William Francis Tobin XXIX wrote:

> Hello and Thank you.
>
> Is it possible to copy an entire directory when I use ftp?
>
> I tried mput -r (like cp -r) but it didn't work.
>
> Gratefully,
> Brian WF Tobin

As many said before, with a properly configured server, you can get
dir.tar.gz. However, for other cases, I find wget (in the ports) a very
find tool (my main use for it is to mirror SNAPs locally...). It lets
you download (with command line switches - it's not interactive)
hierarchies of ftp or http files. A very powerful and reliable little
tool IMHO.

Nadav