Date:      Fri, 2 Jan 2004 04:31:01 +0800
From:      "Li-lun Wang (Leland Wang)" <llwang@infor.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Porting Software Written in Ada

--pf9I7BMVVzbSWLtt

Hi,

I am making a FreeBSD port for a software written in Ada. There does not
seem to be any software in Ada in the FreeBSD ports right now, and I have
several questions about the dependencies:
1. I make the software build_depend on lang/gnat; is it correct?
2. I notice that the resulting executable depends on libgnat-3.15.so.1.
   How should I write the LIB_DEPENDS? The "3.15" part is actually the
   variable $LIBRARY_VERSION in lang/gnat/Makefile. Should include
   lang/gnat/Makefile somehow or hard code 3.15 into my Makefile?
3. What should I do if I hope the package not lib_depend on libgnat like
   the cvsup package which does not depend on m3?

Regards,
Leland Wang

--=20
 /-------\      /-\     /--------\