Date:      Wed, 4 Oct 2006 20:23:37 +0200
From:      "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Klaus_Friis_=D8stergaard?=" <farremosen@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with HighPoint rr232x driver FreeBSD 6.1 amd64

I have just assemble a new computer to be used as a ftp server.

It is an ASUS A8N5X with 1 GB ram and a AMD Athlon 64. I have used one ata
hardisc for the system, and put in the Highpoint RocketRaid 2320 PCIe as a
controller for a RAID 5 array.

I just installed a minimal installation, via ftp on the computer. The
install recognize the raid controller and put the rr232x driver into the
kernel.

But at start up it "fail to start channel..."

I have found that the rr232x is supported by version 6.1.

Any ideas, I have tried to put into the /boot/default/loader.conf
"rr232x_load=3D"YES"" at the end.

FreeBSD defaults by the installation with ACPI enabled, could this be a
problem.

--=20
Klaus F. =D8stergaard, <farremosen(at)gmail dot com>