Date:      Mon, 13 Feb 1995 12:27:03 -0600 (CST)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
To:        jcargill@cs.wisc.edu (Jon Cargille)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Network gurus:  How hard to split bandwidth across modems?

> I've been wondering how hard would it be to convince FreeBSD to route
> packets (possibly bound for a single host) across two different
> point-to-point links as bandwidth is available?
>
> The reason I'm wondering is that two 28.8 modems over POTS are quite a
> lot more affordable than a leased 56K line these days...

I briefly looked at this and it appeared to be nontrivial:  I also started
to look into MorningStar PPP but was disgusted by the prices.

I have basically a similar problem:  a pair of ISDN terminal adapters that
can't do bonding on an async connection (sync only).  I was curious to see
if they could be used as two separate links with multilink PPP, but the lack
of an easy/obvious solution persuaded me to wait until the TA vendor
finishes an async bonding implementation.

There is an RFC for multilink PPP out there in RFCland....  and I'd be
interested in any results.

... Joe