Date:      Wed, 13 Sep 2000 15:26:40 +0200
From:      Harald Hanche-Olsen <hanche@math.ntnu.no>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dell laptops

+ Joao Pedras <jpedras@webvolution.net>:

| I need some feedback from people that may have bought recently DELL
| laptops (Latitude, Inspiron) and run FreeBSD on them.

Define recently.  Last two weeks?  8-)

Anyway, I got an I3500 last October, which ran 3.2R right out of the
box.  Lately I upgraded to 4.1R, and still no major problem (though I
had to turn off the (unused) network devices in the boot config, or
else the install kernel just crashed).  Sound doesn't work, but I can
play CDs using xcd.

One minor problem:  If there is a disk in the zip drive when I suspend
the machine, I only get I/O errors when trying to access the drive
later.  Then on shutdown, syncing fails, and for some reason even the
remaining file system are marked dirty.  I assume this is a problem
with the new afd driver.  Before, with the zip drive on wfd, this
never happened.

- Harald