Date:      Wed, 15 Oct 1997 11:07:13 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Karsten Fleischer <fleischi@physik.TU-Berlin.DE>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I have a problem with the lpd - deamon

On Tue, 14 Oct 1997, Doug White wrote:

> Use separate queues for the different printer types.  When one is
> printing, the others will get `device busy' and just wait for the device
> to become available.
Good idea, but there occurs the 2. problem the printer is not
connected to a device it is a networked printer. the inputfilter
sends the data via telnet directly to the printer, which has so much
memory, that he accept print-job at once. Our main problem isnīt that the
printer do not print it works the problem is our way to count the pages.
This is don with the same script and so tit is required that only one
printerqueue send data.

	Ciao
   Karsten Fleischer                           _../|_
*  fleischi@physik.tu-berlin.de                   \' ~~-`._
*  http://www.physik.tu-berlin.de/~fleischi             |/~`