Date:      Tue, 12 Feb 2002 09:41:13 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        gne5@onebox.com
Cc:        freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and SBC's

In message: <20020211071714.UUBO12575.mta04.onebox.com@onebox.com>
            "gerry link" <gne5@onebox.com> writes:
: Does anyone know of a source for small x86 small computers or SBC's?
: I would like to find a small 4/586 fanless system on which to run Pico
: or Free.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We at Timing Solutions have run FreeBSD for years on Megatel, Axiom,
Adastra and Teknor "short" ISA form factor SBCs with 486 and Pentium I
CPUs.  This includes AMD's 5x86 486 part.

When you run fanless, you can have lots of issues with cooling
depending on the layout of your machine.

Warner