Date:      Tue, 7 Mar 2000 14:32:29 -0800
From:      "David Schwartz" <davids@webmaster.com>
To:        "Terry Lambert" <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: how to do this C preprocessor trick?

> For blocks of code, it makes it real easy to include more than
> the 10 lines of code allowed by the (L)GPL by innocently
> including a header file, and not realizing that it's a block
> macro instead of a simple macro, or that it's a macro instead
> of a library function, etc..

	It the macro expands to more than 10 lines of code, the header file it was
in that you've already included has to be more than 10 lines. If there's
some difference in principle between these two things, I can't imagine what
it could be.

	In both cases, the included code isn't actually in your code at first. In
both cases, the included code gets mixed in with your code by the
preprocessor. In both cases, the output from the compiler contains bits of
boths in sizes that can't be measured in lines.

	DS