Date:      Tue, 17 Feb 1998 18:31:25 -0600
From:      simulacrum@usinternet.com (Alan Bellanger)
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Installation problem

I'm attempting to install FreeBSD and when the installation process finishes
probing the system, the screen clears, and it just hangs with what looks
like a solid cursor in the lower left hand corner of the screen. Nothing I
do seems to prevent it. I'm pretty new to BSD, so this may be a stupid
error. I would appreciate any help you could give. Here is my system, in
case it will help:

Pentium II @ 300 MHz
128 MB SDRAM
8.4 GB Ultra-ATA HD (IBM DHEA-38451)
2X DVD (Hitachi GD-2000) with a Quadrant Int. Cinemaster II decoder
STB Velocity 128 AGP
USR 56K modem
AWE64 Value
Internal EIDE Zip drive