Date:      Thu, 14 Feb 2008 12:39:57 -0800
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        C?dric Berger <cedric@berger.to>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: JDK 1.6.0 patchset 4 "Mach 1"

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 08:39:19PM +0100, C?dric Berger wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> Thanks a lot for the fantastic work you guys are doing!
>
> Just one question:
>
> >On behalf of the BSD Java Porting team, I'm pleased to announce the
> >availability of Patchset 4 "Mach 1" for JDK 1.6, based on the
> >JDK 1.6.0 Update 3 JRL source code.
>
> Is that really based on JDK Update 3? Why not Update 4?

Because the source code for Update 4 is not yet released.  Its my
understanding that it will be sometime next week, but Landon's excellent
MacOS X had already waited long enough and I wanted to get it (and
other features like NetBSD/amd64 support) out before the tree potentially
destabilised due to Update 4 and FreeBSD/sparc64 hitting it.

Believe me, we would have loved to based this on Update 4, but it simply
wasn't a possibility without further delays.

--
Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Information Technology              FreeBSD : glewis@FreeBSD.org