Date:      Tue, 30 Aug 2005 22:21:36 +0200
From:      "albi@scii.nl" <albi@scii.nl>
To:        "Efren Bravo" <efrenba@dhl.co.cu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: compiling kernel

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 16:14:25 -0500
"Efren Bravo" <efrenba@dhl.co.cu> wrote:

> Trying to compile the kernel I found this problem:
>
>  My PC has not ISA slot and I want to disable it from
> /sys/i386/conf/MYKERNEL but on /boot/device.hints I found some devices
> pointing to isa.

from GENERIC

# Bus support.  Do not remove isa, even if you have no isa slots
device          isa
device          eisa
device          pci

normally i only comment out eisa

>  Can I remove those devices declarations? Because for example my pc
> doesn't have SCSI but what can I do with ata, fdc, ppc, sio, vga, psm and
> atkbdc devices? Can I also remove them?

no scsi ? yes, i think you can remove all scsi-card lines, but some
scsi-device lines might be needed for burning cdroms and dvds, R.T. Fine
M. see the handbook about burning cd/dvd if you need that