Date:      Fri, 07 Feb 1997 14:38:04 +0000
From:      Pbl <fritz!pbl@dorotech.fr>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Headache about Release

First, sorry for my incorrect english.

Yesterday morning, I was happy :). I bought my 2.1.6 walnut creek cdrom (there
is some delay between France and the U.S.) and plan to upgrade my system.

Yesterday evening, I was sad :(. I have read from questions mailing list that
due to some security problems 2.1.6 will be replaced by 2.1.7.

What's sort of problems (kernel, TCP/IP, commands) ??

Is the 2.1.7-Release will be available from walnut creek or only on ftp ??
I don't have the possibility to ftp'ing FreeBSD from mirror sites. I always
wait for the FreeBSD (walnut creek) cdrom to be available in France.

I have a 2.1.5 system used by 10 users. This system is configured as NIS
client with NFS mounting.

Should I upgrade to 2.1.6 or wait for 2.1.7 or even 2.2 ??? I don't really
want to start a FreeBSD-Release cd-rom collection :).

pbl@dorotech.fr