Date:      Thu, 09 Sep 1999 22:36:32 +0200
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@peedub.muc.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/japanese/xemacs Makefile ports/japanese/xemacs/pkg DESCR ports/japanese/xemacs-canna Makefile  ports/japanese/xemacs-canna/pkg DESCR ports/japanese/xemacs-canna+wnn4 Makefile ports/japanese/xemacs-canna+wnn4/pkg DESCR ...

Satoshi Taoka writes:
>taoka       1999/09/09 07:25:42 PDT
>
>  Modified files:
[snippage]
>    editors/xemacs-base-packages Makefile
>    editors/xemacs-base-packages/files md5
>    editors/xemacs-base-packages/pkg COMMENT DESCR PLIST
>    editors/xemacs-mule  Makefile
>    editors/xemacs-mule/pkg DESCR PLIST PLIST-ja
>    editors/xemacs-mule-base-packages Makefile
>    editors/xemacs-mule-base-packages/files md5
>    editors/xemacs-mule-base-packages/pkg COMMENT DESCR PLIST
>    editors/xemacs-mule-common Makefile
>    editors/xemacs-mule-common/files md5
>    editors/xemacs-mule-common/patches patch-ai
>    editors/xemacs-mule-common/pkg COMMENT DESCR INSTALL PLIST
>    editors/xemacs-mule-sumo-packages Makefile
>    editors/xemacs-mule-sumo-packages/files md5
>    editors/xemacs-mule-sumo-packages/pkg COMMENT DESCR PLIST
>    editors/xemacs-sumo-packages Makefile
>    editors/xemacs-sumo-packages/files md5
>    editors/xemacs-sumo-packages/pkg COMMENT DESCR PLIST

This is getting out of hand. We have so many various xemacs ports now that
I'm losing track. There seems to be a lot of redundancy. The xemacs21
maintainer asked to update to 21.1.6 but I'm starting to wonder whether
it's worth doing since most of the changes I'd make are already in one
or more of these other ports.

Maybe the xemacs21 ports should just be turned into a bunch of echo's
referring to these others ? ;-)

---
Gary Jennejohn
Home - garyj@muc.de