Date:      Tue, 5 Oct 2004 12:03:11 +1000
From:      John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Cc:        sos@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5.3-BETA7 crash ata_atapicmd

On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 08:31:49PM +1000, John Birrell wrote:
> This is the same machine that has the 2 minute floppy delay with 5.3-BETA6.
> It's not the fastest machine in the world, so I thought I'd post this much
> info while I build a kernel with debug symbols.

BETA7 panics for me on 1 out of 3 systems at line 140 in sys/dev/ata-queue.c
with atadev->param NULL.

BETA6 runs fine except for the floppy problem discussed earier.

This is a production server which has only ever run FreeBSD and has always
been reliable. It looks to me as though 5.3-BETA7 is too green to be the basis
of a release candidate. I haven't even had a chance to try bind9 on this
machine due to the boot crash which always sends me back to BETA6.

--
John Birrell