Date:      Tue, 05 Oct 2004 11:01:16 -0400
From:      bill <william@TechServSys.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   /usr is growing and growing

uname -a:

FreeBSD serve.TechServSys.com 4.6.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.6.2-RELEASE #0: Wed Aug 14 21:23:26 GMT 2002     murray@builder.freebsdmall.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC  i386

This box is a web server only.  The web files are on their own filesystem  which is at 8% utilization.

I have watched the /usr file system grow from about 69% utilization to 85% utilization over 2 years and can not figure out what is taking the space.  Doing a find . -mtime -2 -print yields no files modified.
A find . -size +2000 -print yields only expected files.

Would someone be kind enough to give me suggestions as to what is using up the space and/or how to find out ?

--

bill
bill {atsign} TechServSys {dot} com