Date:      Tue, 7 Mar 2006 15:28:18 +0800
From:      Yuan Jue <yuanjue02@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        "illoai@gmail.com" <illoai@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: portsnap cannot change its default WORKDIR ?

On Tuesday 07 March 2006 15:17, illoai@gmail.com wrote:
> -On 3/6/06, Yuan Jue <yuanjue02@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi, all
> >
> > I am now using portsnap in FreeBSD 6.0 to upgrade ports tree. It is
> > really much faster than CVSUp. But there is one question that bother me:
> > I cannot change the WORKDIR that portsnap use.
> >
> > I have change WORKDIR in /etc/portsnap.conf to /usr/local/portsnap, but
> > when using 'portsnap fetch', the download files still store
> > in /var/db/portsnap.
> >
> > Any suggestions about this? Thanks in advance!
> >
> > My /etc/portsnap.conf is as follows:
> >
> > # $FreeBSD: src/etc/portsnap.conf,v 1.1.2.1 2005/08/15 20:24:07 cperciva
> > Exp $
> >
> > # Default directory where compressed snapshots are stored.
> >  WORKDIR=/usr/local/portsnap
>
> Well, it's doesn't seem broken here and mine is exactly like yours.
> Are you using portsnap from the base distro or from the ports tree?

I'm using FreeBSD 6.0 and portsnap is from the base distro.

> I was under the impression that portsnap from ports used
> /usr/local/etc/portsnap.conf so you may try copying your
> /etc/portsnap.conf there and see if that fixes something or any-
> thing.
I have tried this as you told. it doesn't work either :(

BTW: when I deleted /var/db/portsnap, the next time I use portsnap
like:
#portsnap fetch
message will show as follows:
portsnap: Directory does not exist or is not writable: /var/db/portsnap

any more ideas?

--
Best Regards.
Yuan Jue