Date:      Thu, 9 Oct 1997 12:41:58 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Wei Weng <wweng@stevens-tech.edu>
Cc:        Jonathan Fosburgh <jef53313@Bayou.UH.EDU>, freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: star office

On Wed, Oct 08, 1997 at 10:33:36PM -0400, Wei Weng wrote:
> This is probably the most stupid thing I have ever seen in years. :)
> Here it is: First time, I run swriter3, and then it gave me soemthing to
> config. Then I filled in everything it needs. And installed everything
> except german stuff.( I am not a german speaker) And i installed in my
> normal user home directory ./home/wweng/Staroffice-3.1 And then it said
> "ok, installaion is done. Now you can run the program and enjoy. " But
> when I tried to run swriter3 again, it gave me:
>
> bash$ This version has expired.
> Please get a new one from the same source.
>
> Could anyone tell me what's going on? I feel like being cheated. :( ^_^

There are a number of things to consider here:

1.  Well, I don't know if it's *that* stupid, but it's strange.

2.  Did you install the package via the port, or did you do it some
    other way?  I had no problems at all with the port.

3.  What date did you have set?  I seem to recall you sending mail
    (presumably recently) with a date of October 1996.  That could
    have confused StarWriter.

Greg