Date:      Mon, 09 Feb 2004 22:16:49 -0500
From:      "Shah Amit" <amit_shah25@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   AMD64

Hi all,

I have an AMD-64 bit processor on my emachines laptop that I got from
circuitcity. The model is emachines - 6805 - AMD64Bit, 15" WXGA ... It is a
relatively new laptop just released on like 19th Jan. I already inquired
with Fedora mailing list and they say Fedora is still very very unstable
with AMD64 and has lots of issues.

I read on FreeBSD website and it says it is stable released ... I dont know
how stable it is for this laptop. If anyone has any experience with this ...

If not FreeBSD, if anyone knows which *nix distro I can put on my laptop

Thanks,
Amit

Optimize your Internet experience to the max with the new MSN Premium
Internet Software. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200359ave/direct/01/