Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 1995 23:28:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@ref.tfs.com>
To:        mmead@goof.com (matthew c. mead)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: mounting msdos, invalid fdisk partitions?

>      I didn't notice any functional difference until I tried to mount the msdos
> partition on my second hard drive this evening.  I still get the problems
> at boot when the drives are first accessed and partitions are "rejected" for
> not residing entirely within the freebsd slice.  For some reason this is now
> preventing me from mounting /dev/sd1e (which used to work).  Anyhow, if anyone
> knows what's up, please let me know.  Thanks!

The slice code.  Try to mount one of these as your msdos fs:
	/dev/sd1s1, /dev/sd1s2, /dev/sd1s2, /dev/sd1s3

You may have to run a "MAKEDEV sd1" in /dev...
--
Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@login.dknet.dk> -- TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
'All relevant people are pertinent' && 'All rude people are impertinent'