Date:      Tue, 04 Jan 2000 18:36:51 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: window manager question

On Tue, 04 Jan 2000 16:06:51 GMT, Jonathon McKitrick wrote:

> I just had something very strange happen.  I was trying to set up
> color xterm defaults in my toor account.  All my X accounts run
> WindowMaker.  In the password file, my home account is toor, but in
> the profile scripts, it is root.  When i changed them to 'toor' and
> copied my .xinitrc file, when i started X, TWM came up.

I think you're confused.  Both root and toor are two different usernames
for the same UID.  The only difference for the two should be the login
shell -- you will get weird and unexpected behaviour if you give the two
different home directories.

Sounds to me like you're doing too much as root.  Time to create a user
account. :-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.