Date:      Sun, 26 Nov 2000 14:38:11 +0100
From:      Edwin Groothuis <mavetju@chello.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cannot mount floppy (Was: No subject)

On Sun, Nov 26, 2000 at 07:10:18AM -0600, brian william wolter wrote:
> i formatted the disk with fdformat /dev/fd0 and it (appeared to) work...
> i'm assuming that it would be formatted as a ufs filesystem.  am i
> incorrect?

man fdformat:

    Note that fdformat does only perform low-level formatting.  In case you
    wish to create a file system on the medium, see the commands newfs(8) for
    an ufs file system, or newfs_msdos(8) for an MS-DOS (FAT) file system.

Now you can only use it to tar files to it (if I'm not mistaken).

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis   | Fatal Dimensions:
mavetju@chello.nl | http://fataldimensions.nl.eu.org/