Date:      Fri, 05 Jun 1998 08:43:04 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "Jack Velte" <jackv@earthling.net>
Cc:        "phil grainger" <freebsd@pronet.net.au>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: tech support structure

> most of the WC secretaries that we paid $6 to $14 hour did this.  well.

I was looking for more qualified personnel than that.  It's one thing
to support joe bloggs, the CD customer, and another to support a
full-blown ISP.  They're just not the same thing and you should go put
in some time at an ISP if you'd like to see what they really have to
deal with day to day.  It's instructive.

> yes.  i like the virtual organization.

Erm, actually, we disagree pretty fundamentally on that point.  I
don't want tech-support on tap, I want butts on seats until at least
the whole concept has been shaken out and refined enough to support
truely remote resources.  There are too many benefits to working in
close proximity, especially when the problem is new and somewhat
undefined, to give it up for an illusion of greater efficiency.

- Jordan