Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 1999 23:51:36 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        jkh@zippy.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        richard@jezebel.demon.co.uk, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Applixware

> > Does anybody care that the delivery date for the Applixware port has
> > slipped nine months, days before it was due to be shipped?
>
> I think 9 months may be a bit overstating the case; I'm not sure who
> made the update to the timeline on that page or when they did it, but
> as someone who's been watching the Applixware porting project rather
> directly, I can say that 9 months is hopefully the very longest it
> could possibly take, not the time we're actually hoping for.  The port
> was stalled for quite some time on other issues which have since been
> rectified and I hope to see things moving quite a bit more quickly
> now.  Applixware is quite *keen* to see this selling and interest in
> the product has been quite high - the number of pre-orders we've
> gotten has hardly been for nothing, it sent a very clear message to
> both Applix and WC that this project needed to be a priority and this
> is a large reason why the blocking factors we were dealing with from
> the beginning of the applixware port finally got dealt with at all.
> Don't lose heart yet, by any means.

FWIW, this may not have been an intentional update.

Someone added some politically incorrect stuff to the FreeBSD
gallery page recently:

	Microsnot Corp. -- We at Microsnot make a killing off of
	stealing idea's from small independent software companies,
	and we love our jobs. But most recently, we decided we are
	going to take over the world. Hell, I'm already the richest
	man in the world, and with all our buddies from the
	government to help us, we shouldn't have any problems what
	so ever. Oh yeah, I would like also to thank Mr. Clinton
	for the tax break last year. We use FreeBSD to run all of
	our important servers, because our latest scam, known
	publicaly as Winblows 98, crashed on natioinal TV. We tell
	everyone we have the bugs out, but we still don't take any
	chances. Thanks FreeBSD, its people like you with good
	ideas that keep us going, we couldn't do it with out you.
	- William Gates (founder and CEO) Is that Category
	questions down their really nessary and what the hell is
	Non-Profit?

	[ ... ]

	WWW.PersianKitty.COM -- Adult Links web site

Maybe it's someone hacking you?

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---