Date:      Sat, 24 Feb 1996 13:09:59 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        bsletten@vivid.autometric.com
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Regular Expression Libraries

It seems that Brian J. Sletten said:
> Does  anyone know  of any  regular  expression libraries  that are freely
> available besides rx and the GNU regex offerings?

Yes, there  is Henri Spencer's   library which is the   base of our current
regex code   in  libc.   You  can   find  it  in  several   alt.sources  or
comp.sources.unix archives.

18 Mar 1994    45.0 Ko  /sources/prog/lib/regex.shar.gz

> Or, does anyone know for sure if  distributing a GNU  library as a shared
> object satisfies the GNU  library  license? I've  been told that  rms has
> said that it does, but I'd really like to read it somewhere for myself.

Read the LGPL. I can't comment on this myself.
--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.frmug.fr.net
   FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #1: Tue Feb 20 01:16:51 MET 1996