Date:      Mon, 1 Mar 2004 22:22:58 +0100
From:      Toni Schmidbauer <toni@stderror.at>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vinum on 5.2

--HeFlAV5LIbMFYYuh

On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 10:37:01AM -0500, dave wrote:
> based on some internet research and a lot of doc readings, detailing an
> upcoming server install with vinum and raid1. I've now heard secondhand t=
hat
> vinum under 5.2 doesn't work with swap due to changes in the kernel and
> might not work at all after a few more modifications. I was wondering if
> there was any truth to this particularly how it relates to my procedure?

yes, sadly its true, mirroring swap is broken in 5.2, because swap
moved under geom and vinum has no idea about geom.

you can mirror your filesystems as usual, but swap has to be
mounted via /dev/ad0s1b e.g.

le@freebsd.org is working hard on integrating vinum and geom,=20
he is always looking for testers :-)

>     Also, if it is so is there another package i could employ?

there is raidframe, but i dunno the status ...
http://people.freebsd.org/~scottl/rf/

hth,
toni
--=20
Kann man etwas nicht verstehen, dann urteile man | toni at stderror dot at=
=20
lieber gar nicht, als dass man verurteile.       | Toni Schmidbauer
-- Rudolf Steiner                                |=20

--HeFlAV5LIbMFYYuh

--HeFlAV5LIbMFYYuh--