Date:      Tue, 24 Jan 2006 12:03:44 -0500
From:      stan <stanb@panix.com>
To:        Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
Cc:        Free BSD Questions list <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Blogin software recoendations

On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 11:40:18AM -0500, Chuck Swiger wrote:
> stan wrote:
> >I want to host this on FreeBSD, preferably by using something that;s in the
> >ports tree. I've installed and got working wordpress, but it doesn't seem
> >to have the ability to allow me to define individual blogs for each person,
> >which is what I need. I'd like for each persons blog to have a unique URL.
> >
> >Am I missing how to do this in wordpress? Or is there a more appropriate
> >choice?
>
> Read the fine documentation :-):
>
> http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_Multiple_Blogs
> http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPressMU

I did run across both of these, in looking at the documentation.

The first choice, while seeming to be the better of the 2 looked to be a
bit "heavyweight", as each user would have his own complete install of
wrodpress. Seems like an admin nightmare to me.

The 2nd is listed as alpha quality software. Doesn't sound like a great
idea to me.

Am I thinkining incorectly here?

--
U.S. Encouraged by Vietnam Vote - Officials Cite 83% Turnout Despite Vietcong Terror
- New York Times 9/3/1967