Date:      Wed, 23 Dec 1998 18:24:17 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Viren R. Shah" <viren@rstcorp.com>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        Stuart Krivis <stuart@apk.net>, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/alpha/3.0-19981208-SNAP

 >> How close is the Alpha port? I have an Alphastation 200 (avanti) that is
 >> currently running RH Linux. I could certainly play with FreeBSD on it if
 >> someone is willing to get me started, and if it is far enough along that I
 >> can actually get some use out of the box while experimenting.

 Mike> If you remember to swap to the emergency console on vty3 and run
 Mike> 'disklabel -B' before rebooting, you should be able to install just
 Mike> fine.

Assuming you don't have a TGA console (which I do on a alphastation
200 4/166). Is this still a correct assessment?

Viren
--
Viren R. Shah             || "I wandered lonely as a cloud"
viren@rstcorp.com         ||           -- WW