Date:      Tue, 12 Oct 1999 10:18:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Agent Drek <drek@MonsterByMistake.Com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FreeBSD 3.2 Release: Adaptec 2930cu PCI

Hello,

I've just got my first FreeBSD system up (3.2 Release) and yup, it rocks!
Everything on the computer is working now except my SCSI controller.

Adaptec 2930cu PCI

I have 'controller ahc0' as a kernel compile option but the handbook says
this is for:

	Adaptec 274x/284x/294x

It only has a zip drive hooked up to it but that's what I use to back up my
source code...so I'd like it to be functional.

Question:

If I upgrade to 3.3 Release would there be a better chance of getting it
working? I've watched this list for a little while so that I know that I
shouldn't suggest running a development release.

I'll keep digging in the manuals.

FYI: this controller worked well under linux-2.3.18.

thanks in advance,

	=derek

Monster By Mistake Inc > 'digital plumber'
mailto:drek@monsterbymistake.com
http://www.interlog.com/~drek