Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 1999 11:09:44 +0200
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@peedub.muc.de>
To:        Christoph Weber-Fahr <listmail@helena.callcenter.systemhaus.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vanishing isdnd - what debug ?

Christoph Weber-Fahr writes:
>Hi,
>
>with 0.71 on FreeBSD 2.2.7 I experienced a few occasions recently
>of isdnd simply disappearing. Sometimnes during more or less
>idle connections the thing is simply gone, without traces in any logs
>or screen messages of any sort. (Of course the connection is gone then,
>too :-)
>
>Any suggestions of which debugging options I should activate in order
>to get some more insight into this ?

What do you mean by "disappearing" ? Does isdnd simply exit ?

Have you checked whether there's a core file left behind ? If there is
then you should probably recompile isdnd with -g so you can look at it
with gdb.

You could just turn on all the isdnd trace and hope that it provides a
clue.

Not very helpful, but the description of your problem is rather vague.

---
Gary Jennejohn
Home - garyj@muc.de
Work - garyj@fkr.dec.com