Date:      Mon, 27 Jun 2005 08:53:47 -0700
From:      "Michael C. Shultz" <ringworm01@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: portmanager, amavis install problem

On Monday 27 June 2005 08:12, you wrote:
> On Jun 27, 2005, at 11:01 AM, Michael C. Shultz wrote:
> > On Monday 27 June 2005 07:32, Bart Silverstrim wrote:
> >> There seems to be a dependency loop occuring on our server when trying
> >> to do an upgrade; is there a way to force the update and rebuild
> >> dependencies?  Below is a snippet of output (please let me know if
> >> more
> >> of the update info is needed...)
> >>
> >> -Bart
> >
> > Bart, not sure why SpamAssassin is loop ing in your case but here is
> > what I
> > would try:
>
> <snip>
>
> Would that rebuild the dependencies?

No

> I should also point out that I'm not sure it was a portmanger problem,
> it just appeared while portmanager was doing the upgrade.
>
> I also should note that I think Perl updated; I couldn't do the first
> manual make deinstall && make reinstall of a perl module needed to do
> the update until I re-ran use.perl port.  I then had to manually make
> deinstall && make reinstall several p5 modules needed by the
> spamassassin system.

> I'm wondering if "recompiling" the p5 modules spamassassin uses would
> fix the problem, but don't know the command off the top of my head to
> do so, and trying a portupgrade -Rr amavisd-new does nothing.

You could try pkg_deleting p5* then rerunning portmanager.  That would
go after just the p5* ports that are dependencies.

 If that doesn't work then you'll have to track down the actual problem. The
error you posted in one of your messages "I get mime_decode-1 FAILED errors
in the amavis logs" is the place to start, that error means nothing to me but
maybe you could forward it to the spamassasin author/maintainer?

 -Mike