Date:      Sat, 9 Dec 1995 10:49:20 -36000
From:      "Allen D. Harpham" <aharpham@cnweb.com>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        jc@irbs.com, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: To the person with Merit-2.16 compile problems

On Sat, 9 Dec 1995, J Wunsch wrote:

> As Allen D. Harpham wrote:
> >
> > When I run Make I get the following error:
> >
> > "Makefile", line 502: Need an operator
> > Fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
>
> Remove the line with a sole tab.  Later make's don't complain any more.
>
> > If I delete the lines that refer to builddbm from the makefile, I get the
> > following error:
> >
> > ./src/users.c: In function 'update_clients':
> > ./src/users.c:2509: 'h_errno' undeclared (first use this function)
> > ./src/users.c:2509: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> > ./src/users.c:2509: for each function it appears in.)
> > *** Error code 1
>
> #include <netdb.h>
>
> --
> cheers, J"org

That worked!  I also had to add __FreeBSD__ to the line in users.c that
defined "h_error".

Thanks to all that responded.

Allen

Allen D. Harpham, President   |     Voice:   (402)462-4619
Computer Consultants of       |     Fax:     (402)462-4670
Hastings, Inc.                |     E-mail:  aharpham@nebland.cnweb.com
1126 N. Briggs Ave.           |     HTTP:    http://www.cnweb.com/index.com