Date:      Thu, 27 Dec 2001 14:28:18 +0300
From:      Alexey G Misurenko <mag@caravan.ru>
To:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   nfs

Hello!

We found one more strange think

In documantation to rpc.umntall,

"
DESCRIPTION
  rpc.umntall is as command as proposed in the NFS RPC specification; see
  NFS Version 3 Protocol Specification, RFC 1813, Appendix I.  It uses
  remote procedure calls to remove mount entries from
  /var/db/mountdtab on the remote NFS server.  It is called
  automatically without any parameters during startup and shutdown of
  the system.  This ensures that showmount(8) does not display old
  and expired entries.  The rpc.umntall command is only needed on
  client side, where mount_nfs(8) adds a mount entry with the current
  date to /var/db/mounttab, and umount(8) removes the entry again.
  The rpc.umntall command cares about all remaining entries in this
  table which result from crashes or unproper shutdowns.
"

    but if analize /etc/rc* scripts we can see that
*rpc.umntall* is called on network_pass3 which is called after
the nfsclient allready mount fs exported by nfs server.
    And we think that this is problems when nfs client return online
after crash. Because in this case nfs server don't know any think about
crash event of its client.

p.s. sorry for badly english
--
WBR,   Alexey G Misurenko ( MAG-RIPE | MMAGG-RIPN )
Tech. Director of Caravan ISP http://www.caravan.ru