Date:      Wed, 22 May 96 16:41:42 PDT
From:      Troy Curtiss <troy.curtiss@merix.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Remote dial-in/dial-out solutions??

Has anybody out there set up a corporate dialin/dialout
modem pool using a dedicated terminal server or the likes?
Right now, I have a FreeBSD 1.1.5.1 box answering phones
doing simple PPP and such, but now we want to graduate to
a dedicated terminal server (in hardware).  I have seen
products from Xylogics (remote annex servers) and Livingston
(Portmaster series)... Anybody out there give me some more
pointers on what's good (or conversely, who to stay away
from...)  Thanks in advance....

-Troy

PS:  A little bragging... The 'FreeBSD terminal server' has
been continuously up & running flawlessly for the last 132
days (only power outtages kill it :)

--
| Troy Curtiss, HW/SW Engineer | Email: troyc@merix.com       |