Date:      Fri, 03 Jun 2005 12:46:25 +0300
From:      "Vladimir Chukharev" <chu@kemia.me.tut.fi>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Newest loader from CVS now working!

I can confirm that the two patches by obrien to
src/sys/boot/ficl/Makefile and src/lib/libstand/Makefile
make loader work with CPUTYPE?=pentium-m in /etc/make.conf
on my notebookPC with pentium-m.
Thanks to Pawel Worach, David O'Brien and others!

I want to ask two questions in this connection.

First, is -mno-sse3 needed in the same places or is it known
to be safe for processors with SSE3?

Second. Having CPUTYPE?=pentium-m actually breaks some
ports which are compiled with older gcc since it does not
know pentium-m. The diagnostic is rather unclear, something
like 'compiler cannot produce executable'. I reported it to
-ports, and recieved no comments. Can this type of errors
(wrong architecture name) be checked in bsd.gcc.mk and
either changed to a close known one or diagnosed more clearly?

Best regards,
--
V.Chukharev