Date:      Tue, 18 May 2004 11:53:19 +0200
From:      Alessandro de Manzano <demanzano@playstos.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   how about Dell PowerEdge 750 ?

Hello,

we're evaluating some new servers, but before buying I'ld like to know
if someone else have experience (or hints or any other comments :) )
about using FreeBSD 4.9 (or 4.10 when will be ready) on a Dell
PowerEdge 750 with SCSI hard drives.

Does the Dell PERC4/SC (or DC) RAID controller is supported ? on the
handbook's i386 hardware list I've not found any PERC4 controller...
it means I'm lost ? ;)

What about the "Intel 7210 server chipset" ?

Generally speaking, any suggestion about a low-cost Dell
rack-mountable FreeBSD-compatibile server ? :-)

Many thanks in advance !

--

Alessandro de Manzano

System & Network Administrator