Date:      Tue, 16 Nov 1999 10:27:49 -0000
From:      "Greg Quinlan" <greg@swlct.sthames.nhs.uk>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Slapd (LDAP) Problems

Thanks

ALAN, THOMAS, ODDBJORN, HANS

for your responses, end result:

/usr/ports/net/ldap.............DOES NOT WORK!

/usr/ports/net/openldap......WORKS WELL!

So I think it would be in everyone's interest if the old 'ldap' was deleted
from the ports directory, because as was clearly pointed-out it is "old" and
been superseded by openldap!!!

And in response to the question, why wasn't I using openldap, well, when I
went looking, I found "~/ldap". I thought "~/ldap" was LDAP, I did not know
"openldap" was LDAP working/current/correct version, of course!

Thanks Again

Greg