Date:      Tue, 8 Jun 2004 18:27:56 +0100
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        Richard Caley <rjc@caley.org.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Leaving a server on all day

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 05:18:07PM +0100, Richard Caley wrote:
: In article <20040608122101.GA68204@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>, Jonathon McKitrick (jm) writes:
:
: jm> I have my desktop configured to run as a server and app server for a thin
: jm> client laptop.  Will running it all day without suspend mode use a lot of
: jm> power?
:
: Turn the monitor off, especially if it is getting old. I have a 19inch
: from back when they were expensive and it eats power.

Hopefully I'll get my flat screen back soon from repair.  I guess those use
less power, right?  Also, a 1.8GHz Athlon won't use any more power than
necessary during idle time, right?

jm
--
My other computer is your Windows box.