Date:      Sat, 03 Jan 2004 15:04:49 -0500
From:      Robert Warning <cleeker@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gnumail

Try rebuilding gnustep and gnumail with the libart backend. It seems
better than xgps. I had no such problem with libart and gnustep. Add
WITH_GNUSTEP_LIBART=yes and WITH_GNUSTEP_DEVEL=yes in /etc/make.conf
and rebuild. When its done setup your enviorment and run the command
"defaults write NSGlobalDomain GSBackend libgnustep-art". You might
want to run "defaults write NSGlobalDomain GSFontAntiAlias YES". Run
these as the user who runs gnustep apps, ie not root.

Bob