Date:      Mon, 03 Apr 2000 21:56:07 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        MIHIRA Sanpei Yoshiro <sanpei@sanpei.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [NEWCARD] pcic_handle in pcic_{enable,disable}_socket

In message <200004031749.CAA42107@lavender.yy.cs.keio.ac.jp> MIHIRA Sanpei Yoshiro writes:
:   I'm trying and test NEWCARD configuration(/sys/dev/pccard,pcic)
: for Native-CardBus support under FreeBSD.

Yea!

:   I can compile. But if I insert PC-Card, kernel panicked.....

Boo.

:   I read /sys/dev/pcic/i82365.c, I think current problem is below
: NULL pointer(Yes I know this line has XXXIMPXXX!!).
:
: int
: pcic_enable_socket(device_t dev, device_t child)
: {
:         struct pcic_handle *h = NULL;   /* XXXIMPXXX */
:                                 ~~~~
:   i82365.c:pcic_attach function ph_read/write are setted.
:
:   Warner-san, What plan do you have?

OK.  Each pccard child of pcic (or other bridges that supports a 16bit
card) has a pcic_handle as its ivar.  So, what needs to happen here is
that we need to get the right device, and get its ivars.  I've just
committed a few changes that make sure that this is the case.  Now, we
get much further than before.  We get into the reading of the CIS
before we die.  Looks like we/re passing a bad pointer to
bus_alloc_resource in pccard_cis_scan.  Looks like a bogus cast to
struct device *  of the pccard_softc.  Those aren't right.

I'm working on that part of things.  Any cast of softc to a struct
device is likely wrong, in case you see any in the code.

Warner