Date:      Sun, 2 Feb 2014 12:19:15 +0000
From:      Markus Pfeiffer <markus.pfeiffer@morphism.de>
To:        Ian Lepore <ian@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@FreeBSD.org, ssl.qlt@gmail.com, "army.of.root" <army.of.root@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 10 on Dockstar (Marvell Kirkwood)

--/e2eDi0V/xtL+Mc8

Dear all, (and Ian in particular)

maybe also as a followup to "Dreamplug stable/10 usb - sd file transfer
corruption error - cache related?", I tried to find out why my fsck produced
so many bogus DUPS and did the same test, i.e. I dump/restored the entire
filesystem from one USB device to another. And lo and behold I get blocks of
32 zeros in some files.

My kernel is the 11-current DOCKSTAR kernel, and it contains the USB_ALIGN=32
line. I build using

make -j 12 buildkernel TARGET_ARCH=ARM KERNCONF=DOCKSTAR

I read things about clang-eabi, but I assume that is all the default
configuration.

If anyone has any hint as to where to even start debugging this I'd be more
than happy. I gather it should be a cache coherency issue. Is it maybe a USB
problem? I am at least vaguely familiar with the USB stack.

Cheers,
Markus

P.S. if possible CC me, as I am not on the list.

--/e2eDi0V/xtL+Mc8

--/e2eDi0V/xtL+Mc8--