Date:      Wed, 23 Jul 2003 17:38:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Sean Kelly <smkelly@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Remove "options HW_WDOG"?

this code WAS used in the interjet.
We had modules that linked in and just needed somewhere to hook into..
the hardware watchdog was held off by our software, but we needed to add
code to the core-dump routines to routinely call the watchdog hold-off
or we could never get a coredump because the watchdog would always go
off before the dump was completed.

I doubt it is used by anyone any more but It's good that you asked..
I did notice some people were working on the watchdog support for the
chipsets that have a watchdog in them so I guess they wil have all their
own entrypoints.

Julian