Date:      Tue, 9 May 2000 11:15:51 -0700
From:      gnitzsch@csc.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Firewalls

I have a question about setting up firewalls.

I currently running version 3.2 of FreeBSD. I am trying to set up a firewall
that will allow users on the system to 'telnet" and 'ftp" out of the system, but
will not let any other type of connection to the system. I have been able to get
every thing to work correctly except the "ftp". I have been able to make the
connection out to the remote hosts but have not been able to set up a rule that
will allow the remote host to setup a connection to send the data. I an sure
this has been done before, could someone show me the correct rule that will
accomplish this?